AWS stands for Amazon Web Services. It is an amazing platform, which is useful for the agency, which provides AWS consulting services. This service is quite popular due to the inherent advantages which they are providing which include consistency, predictability, and integrity across the number of environments available. As the deployment is taken place in a proper sequential manner, it will lead to the lower chances of facing failure, lower chances of error and many more in the server.
One should ensure that proper precautionary steps are taken before deploying the server. This will require taking help of the experts who are involved in managing the servers. This will help you to take into consideration all the important aspects which are required for ensuring more productive output from the server itself.
Top 5 best tools which are available for AWS Deployment
We have discussed here a few of the top tools which one can use for the purpose of AWS Deployment. Each of them is having their own peculiarity which makes them popular in their respective areas.
- Chef: This tool is one of the most popular tools which is mainly used for the purpose of configuration management and also for the purpose of deployment. Mainly this tool was launched during 2009 and was developed in Ruby. It is licensed under the Apache Open Source Licence. One can get this tool in three different versions which include hosted chef, private chef, and the open source version. The version which one select depends on individual requirements.
- Puppet: Organizations of different sizes are also using this configuration and deployment tool which makes it highly popular along with the chef. Its initial version was launched in the year of 2005. When launched it was in its free version which was released under the GPL till it reached the version 2.7. Later they switched to Apache 2.0. Puppet is coming in market in two different versions which include Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Ansible: This tool is one of the youngest and can also be considered as one of the fastest growing configuration and deployment tool. It is relying on the agentless architecture which is making it different from the chef and puppet. One will not require client package installation in this one which apart from the regular Python Packages. In this client, nodes are mainly managed by means of the SSH protocols. One can find this in two versions which include Ansible Tower and Ansible Open Source.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk: One can use this tool if they are looking for a tool which can offer simplest and maintenance free way of deploying your application. This is a free service which is provided by the AWS itself. Here you would only have to pay for the resources which are provisioned by the Beamstalk environment. It is written in different languages which include PHP, .NET, Ruby, Java, Node.js, Python and is also providing native docker support.
- AWS Code Deploy: If you are simply looking for a service which you can use for the purpose of code deployment then this will come to you in handy. It is a new service which has been launched just a few weeks ago during the AWS re:Invent 2014 which was arranged in Las Vegas. One will get a benefit like Minimum downtime, Automated Deployment, Integration with existing third-party tools, Centralized Management, and Integration with the other AWS services.
Thus, we can say that there are many of the different deployment tools available for AWS. One can select the tool based on their individual requirement. It will help in ensuring that they get the best productivity and work output from the kind of services which they require.